Thursday, July 1, 2010

The A-Team (2010)

Boom! Boom! Pow! ( Yes I am aware that I just started this review off by naming a Black Eyed Peas song. Please don't hate me. ) That's what you'll get if you pay the overcharged fee of $7 to see the matinee of The A-Team. Too bad there isn't more of it.

If you were to ask me what the plot of this film is, I could answer you truthfully with another question: "Plot? You paied $7 for a plot to a movie tittled The A-Team?" Then I would finish it off by slapping you clear across the "Face" ( Hahaha! ). No, but seriously, there is a plot to this film, I am just not exactly sure what it is.

Like I said, plot does not really matter when you are dealing with an action film based off an 80's television show where things just blew up. Sadly, this film does not do well with the things that do matter. Looking for character development? Don't look for it here. How about a nice moral to your story? Sorry. Fresh out. But if you want lots of explosions and the big black guy to say "fool" a lot, then this is the movie for you.

With all that said, this film doesn't take its self too seriously which is good because if it had tried to actually be a "good" movie, it would have failed miserably. It knows what it is going for, which is to be entertaining, and it succeeds for the most part. There were some parts in The A-Team that seemed as if it was trying to get you to actually feel some emotional connection with the characters. This is The A-Team, we don't want any lovey dovey, we want explosions and "fools".

In the end, The A-Team succeeds in only being mindless entertainment and dumb fun, which is pretty much how the television show was, so I guess it will bring back those warm, fuzzy feelings you had for this show when you were like eight years old. So if you have a few bucks lying around and absolutely nothing to do then you might enjoy this film.Otherwise, if you're waiting for The A-Team to take home the Oscar for best picture, then I  pitty the fool ( Hey, if B.A. isn't going to say it, I mine as well ).

No comments:

Post a Comment